Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Dreamed...

I dreamed of being a singer,
All the kids I would inspire,
Seeing there laughing and smiling faces,
Little did they know what was to come.

I dreamed of being a teacher,
Across the room I would walk,
Teaching kids of special things,
Life would throw at them.

I dreamed of being a firefighter,
Many lives I would save,
Becoming the hero and helping out,
In all these people's lives.

They started out as children,
Not knowing what they would face.
They grew to little adults,
Learning of these things.
When they became adults,
Their lives were taken away.

I saw it all happen,
Although just a dream.
But be careful with your life,
It's the only one you have.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool and great poem! I love how you show different sides and then tie it all up with the last couple of lines. The last line is a great and very creative way of summing it up and it is also great advice. Nice job, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this as well. I think you really have a knack for poems that have an ending that teaches, or comes to some conclusion.
    Perhaps let your reader come to their own conclusion though, and see if you can get them there by using concrete images that make tem think of the thing you want them to think of.

    ReplyDelete