Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympics

Author's Note- I was watching the olympics the other night and they showed this inspirational story on the gold medalist of the men's moguls. His name is Alexandre Bilodeau and his older brother has celebral palsy. He said that his brother had been his inspiration for his trip to the Olympics. I was inspired myself and I knew I had to write a poem about it. :-)

Starting down the hill,
Time is standing still,
Crowd cheering,
Path clearing.

See my brother,
Not much farther,
My inspiration,
For this perspiration.

Working through the nights,
I put up these fights,
To get to here,
To have no fear.

Cross the line,
It's a sign,
Forever and always, he gives me pride,
My brother who's by my side.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer- this poem is really an inspiration. It is really cool how you made everything rhyme and yet it still made sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to use closed form to invoke feeling. It really makes the poem flow nicely. Just so you know it is cerebral, not celebral palsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I love how you took the time to introduce the motivation for the piece.
    Well constructed closed form poem.

    ReplyDelete