Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Breeze

The summer air blows gently through my hair,
I hear the summer sounds,
       My friends laughing,
       Children playing,
       Music in the background,
       The breeze floating in the trees.

Summer is here,
The season of freedom,
       No more assignments to complete,
       No more bedtimes to be in by,
       No more rules we have to follow,
       No more teachers to tell us what to do.

The calmness of the air,
Shows just what summer is,
       Being free as we like,
       Hanging out with friends,
       Playing on the beach,
       Laying in the sand.

I'm excited that summer is here,
But I know, that soon,
       It will be gone for a year,
       I need to enjoy it now,
       While I still have the chance,
       Summer vacation starts here.

Many things will come out of this summer,
New experiences for everyone,
       Memories will be made,
       Hearts will be broken,
       Fun times will be shared,
       Summer will not be forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer- this poem is amazing. It is totally true how we have to enjoy summer now because soon it will be gone. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete