Monday, May 31, 2010

My Future

Author's Note: This is a poem I wrote about going into high school.

Walking down the road,
It's ambiguous.
I don't know why I'm walking,
       where I'm walking,
       what I'm walking to.
A new life maybe.
A different world,
       different people,
       different places,
       different feelings.
Different experiences will come,
       different obstacles will appear.
Hopefully the choices I have made
Will help me overcome them.
As of right now,
I made it.
To the next step of life.
The next time to shine.
The next time to prove myself.
I will conquer all my fears,
achieve all my goals.
I will show,
I can do anything.

4 comments:

  1. This is really good Jennifer, your topic was easy to relate to because I think we all spend time thinking about our futures. Your use of repetition was amazing, I can't think of anything to improve on. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jennifer, I really like how you are able to write about something that everyone can relate to. Even though you wrote it about high school, it really could be about any new experience. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With this move to high school so prominent on your mind, this is a really appropriate poem to write. The optimism is refreshing, and hopeful. I love that. There is no better way to enter a challenge than being carried by the strength of your own convictions. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer- I love this poem. The word ambiguous in the beginning truly got me hooked on this poem. Then it just got better. Like Karen said I like how I can relate to what you wrote in this piece. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete